Ticket #194 (new enhancement)
|Reported by:||NilsLindenberg||Owned by:||unassigned|
|Severity:||normal||Keywords:||list formatter definition|
copied from http://wikkawiki.org/WikkaExtensibleMarkup --NilsLindenberg
Wikka currently supports unordered lists (with inline-comments as a special case) and ordered lists. What's missing is definition lists. Building on the principles that:
- it should follow the same markup mechanisms as used for other lists;
- other lists start with one or more ~ (or tabs), followed by a symbol (to distinguish it from simply "indented text");
- only the items are defined; the formatter takes care of wrapping a list within its <ul> or <ol> tags;
I have the following proposal for a definition list syntax:
- unlike ordered and unordered lists, definition lists have two types of items: definition terms and definttion descriptions
- as with the other list types, an item is started with one or more ~ (or tabs) indicating "level"
- use a symbol to mark the specific type of list (I propose "?")
- supplement the symbol with a "t" or a "d" to indicate which type of item it is
On #wikka we came up with the idea that two symbols might actually be better than symbol and letter. So what about "~??" and "~?!"