8 years late (07/14/2009)
Main features considered for this release:
- i18n and localizations Note that you'll need Genshi's genshi:source:branches/experimental/advanced-i18n or a recent trunk. 0.5.1 will give you some errors.
- Better help/documentation system (#2656) - TracDev/Proposals/NewHelp?
- Improved ticket query system (so that it can be used instead of SQL reports system in 99% of the use cases)
See 0.12 for the updated parts of the Trac guide, which describes most of the new features.
In the works:
- newhelp branch
- TracSqlAlchemy?: experiment with SQLAlchemy for database interfacing and connection pooling (see sandbox/sqlalchemy-ng)
Code name Vodun
- Improved modularity and extendibility (see TracPluggableModules?)
- Basic database independence, with preliminary support for PostgreSQL.
- Redesigned ticket query interface.
- Enhanced support for Subversion (copy and move operations in changesets, improved revision log viewing)
- Native Python diff support (not dependent on the diff command line utility).
- Experimental FastCGI front-end.
Code name Zengia
- Support for database and version control backends as third-party plugins (see VersioningSystemBackend? and DatabaseBackend?)
- Improved notification system (see TracNotification)
- Advanced diff support (see TracChangeset)
- InterWiki and InterTrac support
- Use WSGI as web-frontend protocol
- Use unicode internally (TracDev/UnicodeGuidelines?)
- Hooks for spam filtering (SpamFilter?)
- Experimental MySQL database support
Trac 0.11 features numerous bug fixes and improvements over 0.10:
- easier installation: Trac is now much easier to install as we replaced the ClearSilver? template engine by Genshi, a pure-Python template engine. The use of SetupTools? also facilitates the installation of Trac and its dependencies. See TracInstall.
- support for fine-grained permission, allowing very flexible control over what an user can see or do in the whole system
- support for configurable workflow in the ticket subsystem
- support for Pygments as the default syntax highlighter
- improved repository browser ("blame" support, dynamic in-place expansion of folders)
- see TracDev/ReleaseNotes/?0.11 for a summary of the user visible changes
- see TracDev/ApiChanges/?0.11 for a summary of the developer visible changes