Table of Contents
- Quick Help
- A) Why register?
- B) How do I submit a bug/feature request?
- C) How do I refer to other tickets, milestones, changesets or files?
- D) How can I keep track of a specific issue?
- E) How can I get the latest version from the repository?
- F) How can I contribute code?
- G) Contact and support
- H) Workflow
- I) Special purpose tickets
Welcome to the WikkaWiki Tracker
- Search the tracker for a specific issue
- Report a bug or suggest a new feature *
- Browse the ticket list:
- Check the development roadmap
- Browse the latest source from the svn repository (also available via WebSVN)
[* New user? Please sign up here]
A) Why register?
To report a bug or submit a request you need to register a free user account and login. This restriction was recently introduced as a measure against spammers. This tracker uses Akismet to detect spam, by filling a username and email address in the user settings you reduce the risk that your contributions be marked as spam. Adding a valid email address will also allow you to be automatically notified of any discussion or progress on your requests.
B) How do I submit a bug/feature request?
- making sure your issue has not already been addressed: search the tracker
- providing accurate information: select the appropriate component your ticket refers to and its severity.
You don't need to specify a milestone or priority, this will be decided by Wikka developers once your request is reviewed.
C) How do I refer to other tickets, milestones, changesets or files?
When adding a new ticket or a followup to an existing ticket , you can use the following syntax in the description field to refer to any other tickets, reports, changesets, milestones, source files (links are auto-generated):
- Tickets: #1 (displays as: #1)
- Changesets:  (displays as: )
- Milestones: milestone:1.2 (displays as: milestone:1.2)
- Files: source:trunk/wikka.php (displays as: source:trunk/wikka.php)
- A specific file revision: source:/trunk/wikka.php#4 (displays as: source:trunk/wikka.php#4)
D) How can I keep track of a specific issue?
You can receive email notifications anytime a specific ticket is updated just by adding your email address or username in the cc: field of the corresponding ticket. Notifications are also sent automatically to ticket owners, if an email address is specified in the reporter field when the ticket is created.
E) How can I get the latest version from the repository?
To anonymously access the repository through a svn client, use the following command:
svn co https://wush.net/svn/wikka
F) How can I contribute code?
You can submit code contributions that we'll consider for inclusion in future releases. Contributed code should comply with the Wikka coding guidelines and be licensed as GPL. To contribute code to the repository, please follow these instructions:
- Find the specific issue your contribution applies to. If you are contributing code for a new feature or for a yet unreported bug, you should first create a ticket describing the issue addressed by your code.
G) Contact and support
- You can subscribe to the wikka-community mailing list to obtain support from other list members and Wikka developers.
- If you prefer to receive emails only for important news and release announcements, you can subscribe to the wikka-news mailing list.
- You can chat with the Wikka developers and contributors in the #wikka IRC Channel at freenode.net.
With the upgrade to trac 0.11, the workflow has been modified to closely reflect this state diagram.
I) Special purpose tickets
The following conditions require posting an additional ticket reference in the commit message (in addition to the ticket that references the issue being addressed):
|Condition||Reference this ticket||Add this to keywords|
|Catch-all ticket for notice fixes in 1.3.1||#1055|
|Catch-all ticket for notice fixes in trunk||#1056|